Security Hygiene Tips
Good Internet Browsing Hygiene
It is important to keep your internet web browser up-to-date for various security reasons such as protecting your data and personal information. Maintaining an up-to-date internet web browser is the first line of security protecting your computer from malicious websites and bad actors (criminals). An up-to-date internet web browser enhances a optimal webpage navigation experience.
Another reason to keep your browser up-to-date is because Iseehear Inc. Life Sciences is continuously updating and upgrading its SoftMouse.NET colony management software with the latest technologies thus making an up-to-date internet browser beneficial for efficient navigation.
Good Email Security Hygiene
Email is one of the main infection methods.
- If you are EVER unsure, about the source of an email don’t open it.
- Please note that Iseehear Inc. will never ask for your credit card or other personal information by email.
- Do not send Credit Card information in your email correspondence with Iseehear Inc. Learn more about secure payment options here
- Be cautious of unsolicited or suspicious emails asking for any personal information or that refer you to web sites that may ask for personal information.
- Avoid clicking on email links or downloading email attachments from sources you do not know or trust.
Good Password Security Hygiene
- It is good practice in general to change your passwords and security questions frequently, and to review all your services and financial accounts for any suspicious activity.
- Do not use the same password on multiple accounts.
Good Data Backup Hygiene Practices
- Backing up important data is the single most effective way of combating ransomware infection. Learn more about how Iseehear/SoftMouse provides you with multiple backup options.
- Individuals should ensure that backups are appropriately protected or stored so that attackers can’t delete them.
- The SoftMouse.NET Support Desk, recommends that our subscribers backup their data to a spreadsheet or PDF at least once a week or every two weeks.
- Use Iseehear Inc. cloud services to help you retain previous versions of your colony management data files.
Good Software update(s) Hygiene
- Anti-virus security software needs to be installed on every single computer and mobile device you own or use.
- Always keep your Anti-virus security software up-to-date to protect your data and yourself.
- Run a virus scan on your computers daily.
- Keep your operating system and other software updated.
- Software updates will frequently include patches for newly discovered security vulnerabilities that could be exploited by attackers.
Good Credit Card Hygiene
- DO NOT send Credit Card information in your email correspondence with Iseehear Inc. Life Sciences. Learn more about Email Security Hygiene
- DO NOT provide personal identifiable credit card information over the telephone as this would not be in compliance with privacy and credit card policies.